tanzania ports authority
Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) has vacant positions in its Directorate of Legal Services and Medical Unit which needs to be filled immediately by suitably qualified Tanzanians. Particulars related to the positions are as follows: -
1.0 Post: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (1 Post)
Grade: TPSS I
Reporting to: Deputy Director General –Corporate Services
Terms of Employment: Contract for Unspecified period of time
1.1 REQUIRED QualificationS AND Experience
1. First degree in Medicine;
2. Registration by Tanganyika Medical Council;
3. Computer Literacy;
4. At least 5 years working experience in a related medical environment.
1. Prepares and implements Authority Medical plan health betterment strategy and ensure that TPA medical and health delivery target to staff and their dependents are achieved.
2. Develops and improves health policies and supervises implementation of the same;
3. Carries out long and short term planning for all requisite resources needed in the unit;
4. Participates in preparation and implementation of Annual Recurrent and capital budgets for Medical section;
5. Monitors and control the expenditure and accounting processes for medical transactions to ensure that they are always accurate and correct;
6. Carries out treatment of staff and their families and refers them to referral hospitals where need be;
7. Conducts counseling for staff and families including those affected by HIV AIDS;
8. Devise and advise on best medical services delivery techniques and application new technologies and ensure its application in the Authority to bring efficiencies.
9. Supervises, appraises staff and identifies their development and training needs;
10. Supervises preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly medical and management reports and unsure are submitted on time to enable management decision making;
11. Participates in combating outbreak diseases in the port area with other medical bodies;
12. In-Charge of the Dispensary.
2.0 Post: LEGAL OFFICER (1 Post)
Grade: TPGS 6
Reporting to: Legal Counsel Manager
Terms of Employment: Contract for Unspecified period of time.
2.1 REQUIRED QualificationS AND Experience
1. First degree in Laws
2. Computer Literacy
3. At least 3 years working experience in a related field.
1. Keeps safe custody of company contracts, confidential documents and securities.
2. Attends to routine correspondences requiring legal redress.
3. Implements legal defence and prosecution strategies for cases in which TPA has interest.
4. Assists in gathering information and evidence on cases involving TPA and compiles the necessary information as required.
5. Performs any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
Attractive salary within TPA Salary Scales/Grades as indicated against the post will be offered to selected candidates.
3.1 MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications enclosing curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, names and addresses of two referees should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resources Development & Administration
Tanzania Ports Authority
P.O. Box 9184
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline is two weeks from first appearance of the advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. If you will not hear from us please consider yourself unsuccessful.